The IFMA Orlando Nominating Committee is now accepting nominations for the Officers of the Board of Directors for the upcoming 2018 calendar year.
Benefits of being involved:
Please note that the Board meets on the second Wednesday of each month for a working lunch meeting from 11:30 am to 1:15 pm. Attendance is required. Before volunteering to serve, consider your business and personal commitments relative to the time you you be able to donate to IFMA; and your employer's support of your potential endeavors with the Chapter.
- Increased opportunities for networking/relationship building
- Ability to use your untapped talents that you would like to use
- Directly influence the direction of your association to meet the needs of all members
Suggested Chapter Best Practices:
- All Chapter Members vote for the Executive Committee positions of the Board.
- Annual positions available are President, Vice-President, Treasurer, Secretary.
- Additional Board of Directors and Committee Chair positions are appointed by the President.
- Nominated persons are required to submit a written Bio by the Nominations deadline
- Board meetings are on the second Wednesday of each month from 11:30 a.m. - 1:15 p.m.
- Consider your personal and business commitments relative to the time you would be able to fulfill your obligation to the chapter.
- Executive Committee members should have their employer's support for their involvement in the Board as many of the events occur during business hours. Example: Education programs, monthly BOD meetings, some Tours start at 4:00 p.m. Etc.
Election Process Schedule:
- Appointed Board Directors usually start on a committee and move to a committee chair before begin considered as a nominee for an elected officer position in order to understands board policy and practices.
- Potential Executive Committee nominees are encouraged to start at the Secretary position.
Call for Nominations Form Nominations for 2018 Exec Committee of the BOD
Request of Interest for Non-officer positions will be sent out at a later date.
- Nominating Committee Team selected by Immediate Past President - June 30, 2017
- Formal Call for Nominations (electronic conveyance) - July 7 - July 31, 2017
- Nominating Committee presents slate of Nominations to Chapter Members
- Chapter Members Meeting with additional nominations will be taken from the floor - September 28, 2017
- Nominating Committee sends out ballot with all nominations and possible write in candidates.
- Voting period - September 29 - October 30, 2017
- Vote Tally - October 31, 2017
- Voting Results conveyed to Membership by Immediate Past President - November 1, 2017
- Officer's installed at Annual Membership Meeting/End of the Year Celebration - December 7, 2017
Website Designed by Vieth Consulting