We will be taking nominations from the floor for officer positions for the Board of Directors for the upcoming 2021/2022 calendar year at our Membership Meeting on September 24th at 1:00 p.m. These individuals will be added to the official ballot.
All Chapter members professionals and associates in good standing with IFMA International and chapter are eligible and encouraged to be a part of the IFMA Orlando Board of Directors. You can run for an officer position or be on a committee. You are only limited by your willingness to get involved. Benefits of being involved:
- Increased opportunities for networking/relationship building
- Ability to use your untapped talents that you would like to use
- Directly influence the direction of your association to meet the needs of all members
Suggested Chapter Best Practices:
- All Chapter Members vote for the Executive Committee positions of the Board.
- Positions available are President, Vice-President, Treasurer, Secretary.
- Additional Board of Directors and Committee Chair positions are appointed by the President. Note: If you are currently serving on the Board as a Director or Committee Chair position and are interested in remaining in the same positions or moving into a different role you MUST submit the attached form to show your interest for the incoming President.
- Nominated persons are required to submit a written Bio by the Nominations deadline of September 16, 2020. If your nomination is taken from the floor deadline for Bio is September 25 at 12:00 PM.
- Board meetings are critical to the success of the chapter. Attendance is required.
- Consider your personal and business commitments relative to the time you would be able to fulfill your obligation to the chapter.
- Executive Committee members should have their employer's support for their involvement in the Board as many of the events occur during business hours. Example: Education programs, monthly BOD meetings, some Tours start at 4:00 p.m. Etc.
Election Process Schedule:
- Appointed Board Directors usually start on a committee and move to a committee chair before begin considered as a nominee for an elected officer position in order to understands board policy and practices.
- Potential Executive Committee nominees are encouraged to start at the Secretary position, but is not required.
If you have questions, feel free to reach out to Immediate Past President and Chair for the Nominating Committee Amie Erickson CFM. SFP, FMP - at email@example.com or 321-239-1018.
- Nominating Committee Team selected by Immediate Past President - August 3, 2020
- Formal Call for Nominations (electronic conveyance) - August 24- September 16, 2020
- Nominating Committee presents slate of Nominations to Chapter Members - Note: If multiply members are running for same positions, nomination committee will select best qualified to run on ballot, if any individuals would like to be reconsidered they can speak up when the call of nominations is taken from the floor and they will be added to the official ballot.
- Chapter Members Meeting with additional nominations will be taken from the floor - September 24, 2020 - If we are unable to met in person due to COVID-19, we will hold a virtual meeting to take nominations from the floor. Those nominated from the floor must submit a written Bio by deadline is September 25, 2020.
- Voting period - September 28 - October 28, 2020
- Vote Tally - October 28, 2020
- Voting Results conveyed to Membership by Immediate Past President - October 29, 2020
- Officer's installed at Annual Membership Meeting/End of the Year Celebration - December 3, 2020
Website Designed by Vieth Consulting