Learn to speak the FM language with Essentials of Facility Management
Learn the language of FM through the Essentials of Facility Management, a workshop series to help those who are new to the field of FM, such as a new hire or to standardize the language across teams. This is also excellent for vendors to learn and talk the FM language.
These workshops focus on basic concepts that describe the field of FM and how it can be of value to an organization. The primary goal of these workshops is to address the participant’s role in the tactical planning for how to schedule and accomplish daily FM tasks that support the operations of an organization’s facilities.
Delivery of the workshops can either be in the classroom or through IFMA’s Online Education Center.
Essentials of Facility Management
Workshop 1: Introduction to Facility Management
Module 1: Introduction to Facility Management
Workshop 2: Operations and Maintenance
Module 1: The Basics of Operations and Maintenance
Module 2: The Basics of Building Systems
Module 3: The Application of Technology in Operations and Maintenance
Module 4: The Implications of Health and Safety in Managing Buildings
Workshop 3: Work Management in Facilities
Module 1: Supervisory Roles in Facility Work Management
Module 2: Applying Work Management to Building Systems
Module 3: Work Management Tools in Facility Management
Module 4: Managing Contractors in Facility Management
Module 5: Managing and Tracking Customer Relations in FM
Successful completion of each module will grant an electronic letter of completion(online). In the classroom, an electronic letter of completion is available upon completion of all three workshops.
It is important to understand this workshop series does not award a designation like IFMA’s Credential Programs.
A sample of the workshop can be found here. For more information, contact John Wagnon.
11 Core Competencies of Certified Facility Manager
- Communication: Communication plans and processes for both internal and external stakeholders
- Emergency Preparedness and Business Continuity: Emergency and risk management plans and procedures
- Environmental Stewardship and Sustainability: Sustainable management of built and natural environments
- Finances & Business: Strategic plans, budgets, financials analyzes, procurement
- Human Factors: Healthful and safe environment, security, FM employee development
- Leadership and Strategy: Strategic planning, organize, staff and lead organization
- Operations and Maintenance: Building operations and maintenance, occupant services
- Project Management: Oversight and management of all projects and related contracts
- Quality: Best practices, process improvements, audits and measurements
- Real Estate and Property Management: Real estate planning, acquisition and disposition
- Technology: Facility management technology, workplace management systems